Congratulations to the 2017 Center for the Arts Scholarship winners:
Shown Left to right:
Jean Connolly:Chair Center for the Arts, Debbie Lang:CFA Scholarship Co-Chair, Lang Memorial Scholarship winner: Annie Tilley-visual artist, Courtney Lauster - musical theater,
Scout Armstrong - visual artist, Lily Magoon - musical theater, Kaitlyn Glidewell - dancer, Brooke Solomon-film(not shown), and Sue Elliott: CFA Scholarship Co-Chair
Join us on
January 5th for our First Friday Scholarship Performance at Whipple Hall
2018 Scholarship Applications will be available soon!
Thanks to the generosity of our CFA members we have established a Scholarship fund!
Area students in Grades 7- 12, High School Seniors, and Adults who would like to pursue artistic opportunities
may apply for scholarship funds to help pay or defer the cost of participation.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INFORMATION
The Center for the Arts scholarship program is funded by the generosity of our members and the community. It is given to students and artists who are pursuing any form of the arts (literature, drama, dance, music or the visual arts). Scholarships are offered in three different categories: A) Students in grades 7-12 B) Adult Artists C.) Lang Memorial Scholarship for seniors going to college who are pursuing the arts.
Student Applicants Must:
- Reside in one of the 12 towns in the Lake Sunapee Region: Andover, Bradford, Danbury, Grantham, New London, Newbury, Newport, Springfield, Sunapee, Sutton, Warner, or Wilmot.
- Be enrolled in public or private school, or home schooled in grades 7-12.
- Submit a completed application for a scholarship to help pay for arts-based classes or workshops or any other need related to their particular talent.
- Agree to share with the community a demonstration of his or her work that is related to the scholarship.
Adult Artist Must:
- Reside in one of the 12 towns in the Lake Sunapee region (see above).
- Submit a completed application for a scholarship to help pay for costs for the workshops or classes from regional or national organizations in their chosen medium.
- Agree to share with the community a demonstration of his or her work related to the scholarship.
- The deadline for the applications is May 1 for Grades 7-12 and April 15th for Seniors entering College in 2017.
- Applicants who have not received a CFA scholarship in the past will be given priority.
- All applicants must be reviewed and interviewed by a member of the scholarship committee.
- Applicant information will be distributed to local schools and will be available on the CFA website.
- Applications can be sent by mail or email.
- You may download the application here below:
- CFA Scholarship Application
Mailing address: Center for the Arts, Attn: Scholarships, P.O. Box 872, New London, 03257
Please call 603 526-4444 if there are questions and indicate questions regarding the scholarship.